Tuesday, January 18, 2011

first post as a college girl :]

I used to blog on xanga, but it's been years; and I think I should restart a blog just because my life is so different from when I started my last blog. Im in a whole new place and praise God for that, for continuing to change my life and strip me of desires so that my faith is stronger in Him. I just want to dedicate the page to Him, that my words are edifying and uplifting and positive, to encourage others but also to encourage myself someday when I look back. 


I have just started my first semester at Zion Bible College, and i am PSYCHED. This is the start of something that has been so long in the making and it is so amazing to finally be here. I have so many things to be thankful for recently. 


  • The ring on my finger for starters: I have just gotten engaged to my best friend in the world, Adam. He proposed on new years, and that's really quite a story itself. 
  • The MacBook on my lap  (apple fanatic right here: )
  • The acceptance letter to Zion itself, I'm thrilled to see what God does in me here. I'm also secretly super excited for my first paper to write, lol. It's been almost two years since high school and the classroom environment and stress is just the right flavor I've been craving for so long now
And that is just the beginning. I could go on and on about God's timing and his grace. But maybe I'll just elaborate on how thankful I am for my new roommate: Jade! I had really prayed that my new roomy would have a man in her life too, just so its not too awkward and tense for those late night boy chats, (ok maybe i stretched the truth a little: i really prayed for someone my size, so we could share clothes!! haha and yes we ARE the same size! how the Lord provides!)  Everything from where my room is on the first floor (awesome!!) to the personality that Jade has is just perfect. We're both night owls, and hitting the snooze button for an hour straight is nothing new for both of us (thank God!!)  She loves milk, I LOVE milk. She's not a healthy food fanatic, I'm definitely not either. We both love sweet stuff, and we're both oober grumpy in the mornings. She's also Hawaiian (like a hundred others here lol) and her island personality is so refreshing, along with her little accent. Plus she's a to-do list fanatic just like me. we're going to be post-it note happy in our room, for real!

On that note, she's coming back in soon, so I better pick up :] Goodnight!!



No comments:

Post a Comment